Overview of the Programme
This programme is designed for health professionals who work in a variety of older adult and dementia care settings, with a total of 90 hours of course duration which are divided into two modules. The teachers of the course are experienced scholars and professionals working in Macao and neighbouring regions, aiming to provide students with knowledge and skills to care for people with dementia. After completing the course, students will be able to care for and support people with dementia and their caregivers, effectively coordinate the dementia care team and provide care management for related work. The course had been accredited by the Alzheimer's Disease International (ADI), the leading professional organisation in the field of dementia.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the recent global trends, epidemiological evidence, and the impact of dementia.
2. Identify the characteristics, classifications, and diagnosis of dementia.
3. Demonstrate competence in dementia assessments.
4. Explain the skills of effective communications with people living with dementia and their carers.
5. Utilise the principles of person-centred care and the multidisciplinary approach in planning holistic care for people living with dementia.
6. Discuss the ethical, cultural, and social issues in care and research for people living with dementia.
Course Entry Requirement
1) Individuals with bachelor's degree in health-related majors such as medicine, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, social work, and psychology.
1) Individuals engaging in related senior care work in Macao senior service organisations are preferred.
2) First come, first served
All Course Fee (nonrefundable and nontransferable once settled)
|Tuition fee:||MOP 8,600|
|– ‘Continuing Education Development Plan’ subsidy is applicable, maximum of MOP4,600 can be used, the remaining amount must be settled using other methods.|
|– Macao Resident Identity Card (BIR) holder can receive a subsidy from Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) Government Social Welfare Bureau of MOP2,400.|
Maximum: 40 students (there must be 32 or more students for the course to commence).
From early March to mid-June 2022, every Monday and Thursday evening from 18:30 to 21:30.
Kiang Wu Nursing College of Macau (Main Campus)
There are two modules in this course. For each module, students must complete a report and a test, achieve a pass grade, and the attendance rate must not be less than 80% for them to receive a certificate. Those who failed, there would be one opportunity for them to take a reassessment.
1. From 17th January to 10th February 2022, applicants can visit the College’s website to register (registration is closed): http://www.kwnc.edu.mo/pdco
2. The admission results will be announced in the registration system on 14th February 2022.
3. Successful applicants must submit the following documents and settle tuition fees in person at Kiang Wu Nursing College of Macau during office hours from 14th – 18th February 2022:
– Two photos.
– One copy of Macao Resident Identity Card (BIR) (the front and back of the BIR must be printed on the same side of the A4 paper, and the original BIR must be presented for verification).
– One copy of the relevant bachelor’s degree certificate (must present the original certificate for verification).
– Proof of employment (relevant work experience) in Macao senior service organisation issued in the past three months (if applicable, the original proof must be presented for verification).
1. Settle tuition fees in person at the College (for details refer to abovementioned course fee information).
Kiang Wu Nursing College of Macau Est. Repouso No. 35, R/C, Macau
Tel: 8295 6201, Fax: 2836 5204, Email: email@example.com
Office Hours: Mon-Fri (8:30am-12:30pm, 2:00pm-6:00pm)
Student Recruitment Briefing: (Would Be Held Online and On Site Simultaneously)
Time: 24th January 2022 at 18:30-19:00.
Venue: Kiang Wu Nursing College of Macau Room 130
Zoom Meeting ID: 833 4381 8087， Password: 888888
Content: Course briefing and enquiry
Target Audience: Individuals who are interested in the course.